Why Join the VFW?
Because our strength comes from you.
Simply put, the VFW strives to do good things for deserving people – our veterans, their families and their communities. From local grassroots ideas to national influence, we work every day to make a difference. It’s our strength as an organization. And, with each individual membership, we only grow stronger.
- Atlantic Cape Enrollment and Claims Clinic – April 29, 2017 1pm-4pm - Regardless of your home of record; if you are a Veteran, spouse of a Veteran or friend of a Veteran please attend the Atlantic Cape Enrollment and Claims Clinic - April 29, 2017, 1300-1600 locate at the Cape May Court House Campus, 341 Court House - South Dennis Rd, Cape May Court House, NJ 08210.
- 2016-2017 Membership KC Trip winners - Congratulations to the following commanders for winning an all expense paid trip to Kansas City. District 13 Commander Chad Kent Post 5579 Commander Jeffrey Walding Post 376 Commander Ralph Panciello District 13 and Post 5579 are ranked #1 for membership in the nation for Division 4. Post 376 is ranked #2 for membership in the nation for Division 9.
- Department of NJ 98th Convention Information - Join us for the 98th Department of NJ 98th Convention in Wildwood, June 14-17, 2017.
- IRS WARNING TO POSTS - A recent IRS audit revealed that several NJ VFW Districts and Posts have lost their non-profit status, some as far back as 2008. Commanders, please ensure that the required IRS 990 filings are completed and submitted for the previous tax years. Attached is the VFW Quartermaster Guide to Federal Tax Info. Please review and follow this guide. Be advised that ...
- WOMEN VETERAN CAUCUS - PLEASE PASS THIS INFORMATION TO ALL WOMEN VETERANS; WOMEN IN THE GUARD AND RESERVE AND WOMEN ON ACTIVE DUTY VFW MEMORIAL POST 9462 The ‘Biggest Little’ Post in New Jersey WILL HOST A WOMEN VETERAN CAUCUS By and For All Women Veterans, Active Duty Women, Guard and Reserves MODERATOR BARBARA KIM-HAGEMANN New Jersey State VFW Judge Advocate State VFW Legislative ...
To foster camaraderie among United States veterans of overseas conflicts. To serve our veterans, the military and our communities. To advocate on behalf of all veterans.
Ensure that veterans are respected for their service, always receive their earned entitlements, and are recognized for the sacrifices they and their loved ones have made on behalf of this great country.
“NO ONE DOES MORE FOR VETERANS”
Founded in 1899 and chartered by Congress in 1936, the VFW is the nation’s largest organization of war veterans and its oldest major veterans’ organization. With nearly 1.9 million VFW and Auxiliary members located in almost 7,000 Posts worldwide, “NO ONE DOES MORE FOR VETERANS”.
The Department of NJ Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States is a nonprofit veterans’ service organization comprised of combat veterans and eligible military service members from the active, Guard and Reserve forces. We are pleased to bring you this site. We created it to bring information to more vets than we could by traditional means.
The VFW and its Auxiliaries are dedicated to veterans’ service, legislative advocacy, and military and community service programs worldwide. For more information, please browse our website here at www.njvfw.org. If you’d like information on joining the NJ VFW or one of New Jersey’s Post, please Contact Us.
As the nation’s oldest major veterans’ organization, the VFW has an impeccable and longstanding record of service and stewardship. More than 4 million patriotic Americans, both members and non-members, entrust the VFW with financial contributions and dedicate millions of volunteer hours. Over the last decade, approximately 80% of support received from VFW members and patriotic Americans was applied directly to veterans service, community service, legislative advocacy and military service programs worldwide.
National VFW and VA News
Some of Our Affiliates
Through our National Programs, we assist the VFW pass or block legislation that impacts veterans and their families, provide nearly a million volunteer hours in the VA medical system, conduct patriotic programs with thousands of students and offer hundreds of thousands of dollars in scholarships for our nation’s youth.
American veterans and active-duty military sacrifice so much to keep us safe and guard our freedoms. They demand nothing in return. But they do deserve something in return. The VFW Foundation fills in governmental assistance gaps for troops abroad, military families back in the U.S. and America’s often-forgotten veterans with programs that support all branches of the military.
VFW National Home for Children
The VFW National Home for Children serves as a living memorial to America’s veterans by helping our nation’s military and veteran families during difficult times.