Why Join the VFW?
Because our strength comes from you.
Simply put, the VFW strives to do good things for deserving people – our veterans, their families and their communities. From local grassroots ideas to national influence, we work every day to make a difference. It’s our strength as an organization. And, with each individual membership, we only grow stronger.
- LoBiondo Announces Veterans Enrollment & Benefits Clinic in Atlantic County - Congressman to Host 15th Clinic Encouraging All Veterans to Enroll in VA WASHINGTON, D.C. – Continuing his commitment to South Jersey veterans, U.S. Representative Frank A. LoBiondo (NJ-02) today detailed his plans to hold the next enrollment clinic in Atlantic County to help local veterans in determining their eligibility and, if eligible, facilitate their participation in the VA healthcare system. ...
- Commander’s Testimonial Dinner - Final arrangements are made for the Testimonial Dinner honoring our State Commander, Carey Pritchett on the weekend of Friday October 13th and Saturday October 14th 2017. The events will be held at the Ramada Plaza Monroe South Brunswick Hotel, 390 Forsgate Drive, Monroe Township, New Jersey, 08831. Phone number is 609-665-4775. Friday, Oct.13th, there will be a VFW open discussion ...
- 2017-2018 OTI Registration - We are happy to announce for the first time ever, Chaplains will have a class taught at each of the OTI sites! Please get the word out to all Post and District Chaplains. OTI will be held in 3 different locations this year and will only be a 1 day class. Please click on this link for the locations, dates, ...
- 2017-2018 Youth Activities Chairman letter - Please see the attached letter from Laura Andrews
- 2017-2018 QM and Club Canteen Bond information - Attached you will find the 2017-2018 QM and Club Canteen Bond application and latest price sheet. Please fill these out and mail them back to the Department by September 1st.
To foster camaraderie among United States veterans of overseas conflicts. To serve our veterans, the military and our communities. To advocate on behalf of all veterans.
Ensure that veterans are respected for their service, always receive their earned entitlements, and are recognized for the sacrifices they and their loved ones have made on behalf of this great country.
“NO ONE DOES MORE FOR VETERANS”
Founded in 1899 and chartered by Congress in 1936, the VFW is the nation’s largest organization of war veterans and its oldest major veterans’ organization. With nearly 1.9 million VFW and Auxiliary members located in almost 7,000 Posts worldwide, “NO ONE DOES MORE FOR VETERANS”.
The Department of NJ Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States is a nonprofit veterans’ service organization comprised of combat veterans and eligible military service members from the active, Guard and Reserve forces. We are pleased to bring you this site. We created it to bring information to more vets than we could by traditional means.
The VFW and its Auxiliaries are dedicated to veterans’ service, legislative advocacy, and military and community service programs worldwide. For more information, please browse our website here at www.njvfw.org. If you’d like information on joining the NJ VFW or one of New Jersey’s Post, please Contact Us.
As the nation’s oldest major veterans’ organization, the VFW has an impeccable and longstanding record of service and stewardship. More than 4 million patriotic Americans, both members and non-members, entrust the VFW with financial contributions and dedicate millions of volunteer hours. Over the last decade, approximately 80% of support received from VFW members and patriotic Americans was applied directly to veterans service, community service, legislative advocacy and military service programs worldwide.
National VFW and VA News
Some of Our Affiliates
Through our National Programs, we assist the VFW pass or block legislation that impacts veterans and their families, provide nearly a million volunteer hours in the VA medical system, conduct patriotic programs with thousands of students and offer hundreds of thousands of dollars in scholarships for our nation’s youth.
American veterans and active-duty military sacrifice so much to keep us safe and guard our freedoms. They demand nothing in return. But they do deserve something in return. The VFW Foundation fills in governmental assistance gaps for troops abroad, military families back in the U.S. and America’s often-forgotten veterans with programs that support all branches of the military.
VFW National Home for Children
The VFW National Home for Children serves as a living memorial to America’s veterans by helping our nation’s military and veteran families during difficult times.