Why Join the VFW?
Because our strength comes from you.
Simply put, the VFW strives to do good things for deserving people – our veterans, their families and their communities. From local grassroots ideas to national influence, we work every day to make a difference. It’s our strength as an organization. And, with each individual membership, we only grow stronger.
- LoBiondo Announces Veterans Enrollment & Benefits Clinic in Atlantic City - Congressman to Host 16th Clinic Encouraging All Veterans to Enroll in VA WASHINGTON, D.C. – Continuing his commitment to South Jersey veterans, U.S. Representative Frank A. LoBiondo (NJ-02) today detailed his plans to hold the next enrollment clinic in Atlantic City to help local veterans in determining their eligibility and, if eligible, facilitate their participation in the VA healthcare system. ...
- New State Surgeon Elected - Welcome Josh Moline from Gibbstown VFW Post 5579 as your new State Surgeon. Please make sure you download the updated Hospital Report with Josh's address and start sending your reports to him.
- VA Announces Rollout and Application Process for New Veterans ID Card - WASHINGTON — Today the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) announced that the application process for the national Veterans Identification Card (VIC) is now available for Veterans — yet another action honoring their service. This has been mandated through legislation since 2015 to honor Veterans, and today’s rollout of the ID card fulfills that overdue promise. Only those Veterans with ...
- White House VA Hotline Now Fully Staffed and Operational Around the Clock to Serve Nation’s Veterans - WASHINGTON — Today the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) announced that the White House VA Hotline, first launched in June as part of President Donald J. Trump’s commitment to reforming VA, is now fully staffed with live agents working to serve Veterans 24-hours a day, 365 days a year. The hotline, which became 24-hour operational in mid-October, is now ...
- NJ State Tax Exemption - All Veterans (as of now, the definition of a "veteran" is anyone with a DD-214 that shows Honorable Discharge) who are residents of New Jersey can get a $3,000 personnel tax deduction from their income on STATE taxes for 2017. In order to get this deduction, the Veteran needs to submit a copy of their DD-214 and a form to ...
To foster camaraderie among United States veterans of overseas conflicts. To serve our veterans, the military and our communities. To advocate on behalf of all veterans.
Ensure that veterans are respected for their service, always receive their earned entitlements, and are recognized for the sacrifices they and their loved ones have made on behalf of this great country.
“NO ONE DOES MORE FOR VETERANS”
Founded in 1899 and chartered by Congress in 1936, the VFW is the nation’s largest organization of war veterans and its oldest major veterans’ organization. With nearly 1.9 million VFW and Auxiliary members located in almost 7,000 Posts worldwide, “NO ONE DOES MORE FOR VETERANS”.
The Department of NJ Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States is a nonprofit veterans’ service organization comprised of combat veterans and eligible military service members from the active, Guard and Reserve forces. We are pleased to bring you this site. We created it to bring information to more vets than we could by traditional means.
The VFW and its Auxiliaries are dedicated to veterans’ service, legislative advocacy, and military and community service programs worldwide. For more information, please browse our website here at www.njvfw.org. If you’d like information on joining the NJ VFW or one of New Jersey’s Post, please Contact Us.
As the nation’s oldest major veterans’ organization, the VFW has an impeccable and longstanding record of service and stewardship. More than 4 million patriotic Americans, both members and non-members, entrust the VFW with financial contributions and dedicate millions of volunteer hours. Over the last decade, approximately 80% of support received from VFW members and patriotic Americans was applied directly to veterans service, community service, legislative advocacy and military service programs worldwide.
National VFW and VA News
Some of Our Affiliates
Through our National Programs, we assist the VFW pass or block legislation that impacts veterans and their families, provide nearly a million volunteer hours in the VA medical system, conduct patriotic programs with thousands of students and offer hundreds of thousands of dollars in scholarships for our nation’s youth.
American veterans and active-duty military sacrifice so much to keep us safe and guard our freedoms. They demand nothing in return. But they do deserve something in return. The VFW Foundation fills in governmental assistance gaps for troops abroad, military families back in the U.S. and America’s often-forgotten veterans with programs that support all branches of the military.
VFW National Home for Children
The VFW National Home for Children serves as a living memorial to America’s veterans by helping our nation’s military and veteran families during difficult times.